These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Birmingham Health, Safety and Environment Association (BHSEA), the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by BHSEA and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to BHSEA and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of BHSEA our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a) retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
b) print one copy of the Content
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of BHSEA.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
5. Use of the Website is also governed by our Privacy and Cookies Policy, which are incorporated into these terms and conditions by this reference.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
6. The information materials and opinions contained on this Website are for general information purposes only, are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. BHSEA makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of this Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content), or any content of any other web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Website.
a) BHSEA does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials published on this Website. If you wish to find out more about the information on the materials published, please contact the BHSEA secretary.
b) Certain parts of this site and related websites link to external internet sites, and other external internet sites may link to this Website. BHSEA is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
c) BHSEA cannot guarantee that the Website and any documents, files and information hosted or downloaded from the site will be free from viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware and other harmful programmes or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. We are not liable for any loss, which may be suffered by any person arising from any such harmful code or computer code.
d)Links to other websites are provided for information only. We have no control over the content of the websites linked to,and accept no responsibility for material found on them or for any loss or damage that may arise from the Users use of them.
7. BHSEA accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
8. BHSEA reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
9. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
10. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
11. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BHSEA accepts no liability for any of the following:
a) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b) loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
13. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
15. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
16. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
17. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
18. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
19. BHSEA is a company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered address is c/o Nicklin LLP, Church Court, Stourbridge Road, Halesowen. West Midlands. B63 3TT and it operates the Website www.bhsea.org.uk You can contact BHSEA by email on email@example.com